“When I lost my niece in a head-on collision caused by a drunk driver who was driving a prison van on work release, I knew who I would call for help. Tom Tuohy was on a plane the next day to Lincoln Nebraska to comfort my family. Within 24 hours Tom assembled a team of the best lawyers from Nebraska and Chicago and filed a wrongful death lawsuit to help bring justice to my family and financial security for my niece’s children. I will never get my niece back, but I will always be thankful that her children were provided for in a record settlement and a discontinuation of the State of Nebraska prison release program that helped cause her death. Tom Tuohy is a great friend to my entire family and me and as a lawyer myself, Tom is the lawyer I trust to be there no matter what and to deliver the best result. ” -Dale Tobias
Our firm has represented thousands of people who have been injured or damaged through the wrongful conduct of others. Our attorneys have appeared in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. The attorneys associated with Tuohy Law Offices are experienced in a wide variety of cases such as catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and abuse, products liability, defective pharmaceuticals, and motor vehicle negligence cases.
If you have suffered injuries or damages, or represent a family member who has been seriously injured by someone’s negligence, please contact us by phone at (312) 559-8400, by facsimile at (312) 559-8484 or via email us
Types of Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injury lawyers represent victims injured in all types of occurrences, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle and bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip and fall accidents, construction accidents, boating accidents, aviation disasters, and accidents caused by defective products. Wrongful death attorneys provide representation to surviving family members of those killed in fatal accidents. To read more about personal injury laws and terms, please visit Personal injury from Wikipedia
Research and Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Chicago
Finding the best law firm can be a challenging task because there are a large number of personal injury firms. It is important to select a personal injury lawyer very carefully and to know the lawyers experience and standing in the profession and among past clients.
Carefully Choose a Personal Injury Attorney: How to Hire a Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are looking for a personal injury attorney, the steps below provide a guideline to find the right lawyer.
Before you hire a personal injury lawyer, it is very important to consider the factors below:
Treatment and Dedication
- For decades, the #1 complaint against attorneys is not returning client calls. Don’t let this happen to you.
- Your attorney and law firm staff should return your phone calls promptly.
- Trust your instincts when you meet an attorney for the first time.
- You should always feel comfortable asking questions. If you constantly feel rushed when you begin to speak or if you are made to feel that your questions are unimportant, you should consider hiring a different lawyer.
- You should also understand the attorney’s fee and insist on a written contingency arrangement – you only pay a percentage of the recovery if the case is successful. You do not pay for fees if there is no recovery. Review the written attorney retainer agreement and always ask for explanations if you do not understand anything
- Your attorney should look for ways to handle your case in the most cost effective manner. The overall quality of work on your behalf should never be compromised.
Knowledge and Experience
- Research the experience of a prospective personal injury lawyer
- Request information regarding verdicts and settlements
- Research the number of years in practice for the attorney handling your case
- Assess the attorneys work in the community. Ask friends and family about the prospective lawyer.
- Use online resources for research.
- Interview the attorney in a free, no obligation consultation.
- Ask how case expenses are handled and how those expenses are paid at the conclusion of the case.
- Beware of any attorney that tells you what your case is worth during your initial consultation or guarantees a settlement. There are no guarantees and an attorney cannot know the value of your case until it is thoroughly investigated and until such time as you have reached maximum recovery.
- Ask how long similar cases take in the system and how you will be informed of the progress, whether it be through email, personal meetings or phone conversations.
- Understand that each case is unique; however the time to resolve a case successfully increases once a lawsuit is filed .